I'm not going to lie, I was pretty nervous. I chose my first lesson teaching to be with one of my favorite riders, Melinda. We started the lesson with her usual warm ups, moving on to practicing her two point, and posting at a walk. Next I taught her a pattern that I used to do in 4-H, commonly known as the horsemanship pattern. It went great :) We ended with a trail ride and trotting the long walls of the arena.
I am sure I'll look back on this post one day and remember it fondly. Of course, I remember the days when I only dreamed of working in a therapeutic center. And now, here I am a volunteer, and instructor in training... Oh the stories I'll have to tell my kids.
So overall today was a great day.. Had an awesome hair day, got my truck washed, had my first official lesson, ran, had some chocolate milk.. I don't know what could have made it better!
So overall today was a great day.. Had an awesome hair day, got my truck washed, had my first official lesson, ran, had some chocolate milk.. I don't know what could have made it better!
In fact, the past couple days have been pretty great. And I have to say I believe its all due to a whole day off I had on Sunday. That day was just glorious. I pretty much stayed in my room playing with minion kitten, and doing laundry. It's amazing what a day off will do. I really have been in a fantastic mood ever since. Maybe it's the day off, maybe its the 80 degrees and sunshine.. But regardless, I'll take it!
![]() |
| Me and my running buddy! |
As previously mentioned, thanks to that good mood i've been in, I also started running again. Mind you, it was only on my driveway and only about .75 of a mile yesterday, and 1 mile today... But hey, not only have I not ran at all in almost two months, but my driveway is a lot of hill. So we'll see how this one progresses. 80 days until Color Run Indianapolis!
News on the Peter Parker front (Minion Kitten), He's eating on his own officially! As of two days ago, he is officially eating like a real cat. There I was just hand feeding him like I have been, and the little punk walks right over to the can and shoved his face in and started pigging out. I mean, I'm happy I don't have to hand feed him anymore, but it has brought it to my attention that I won't be able to bring with me forever :/
So the next two days I'm at the clinic, and after that... TWO days off! Holy cow right this day on the calendar. So we'll see what sort of shenanigans I can get into ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment