"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."-Unkown
My best friend is my sister.
Now it hasn't always been this way.. I remember many stories from when we were younger; me poking her in the eye with a magic wand, pulling her tooth out with a blanket, the various tattling. Yeah, mostly it was me beating up on her it seems like. I blame it on "middle child syndrome".
There are seven of us kids total in our family. Some of the best memories I have of my childhood are of all of us at the park wreaking havoc on the play set. Or us taking over the tennis courts.. Basically our parents turned us loose at the park hoping we'd wear ourselves out enough to be manageable.
Out of the seven, I never would have guessed my sister Hannah would be my best friend. We've had our rough times. Mainly those fantastically fun "tween" years. I remember the times we wouldn't talk to each other. And the times I was so livid with her I wouldn't talk to her for days and shoot dirty looks. I don't know what happened to change that.. Maybe it was the other five moving on to bigger and greater things. Maybe it was because we home schooled and we didn't have much of a choice. All I know is one day, we were inseparable.
She's the one I come to when i've had an awful day. She's the one who knows me inside and out and how my crazy mind works. When we've both had a long day, i'll tromp up to her bedroom and just lay on her floor because just her being there makes me feel better. She's the one who is my singing partner while we're doing the dishes, or cleaning stalls.
This girl is the most graceful, talented, loving, honest, beautiful, amazing, trustworthy sister a person could ask for. I have so much to thank her for.. From teaching me how to dress like a girl, to giving me guy advice, helping me manage my schedule, and always including me, she has always been there for me when I needed her most.
We've been through a lot together.. Various family drama, boy drama, job drama. Just a whole lot of drama. I'm sure there will be more in our future. But I know for sure that it will all be okay as long as we have each other.



No comments:
Post a Comment