Project LEAD is when Big Brothers Big Sisters comes to PALS barn and we do team building exercises while learning about horses and themselves.
Some examples are that we had them make a "Coat of Arms" where they designed it based on their values and what they want in life. We also did an activity where the little brother/sister is at one end of the arena blindfolded, while the "Big" is at the other guiding them with their voice through a "minefield" of obstacles. And mind you, this is done while they're leading a horse!
Overall, very cool program, and I'm so glad I get to be involved in it. I always enjoy the end where they talk about what they had learned about themselves throughout the day. You always hear some typical ones, but then there's always one or two that really get to you. These are definitely some incredible kids and I hope I get to see what they do with their lives.
So I was there till 1pm, and then I stayed to help with the volunteer training. We had only about 20 potential volunteers show up so it was a decent group that moved quickly. Thankfully, because I went straight from there to do my sisters prom pictures...
And I looked so classy too in my barn attire..
| I didn't want them to touch me and get horse dirt on their classy-ness.. |
I got some great shots, and they were a total blast to be around. Here are some of my favorites:
![]() |
| Some perfect graffiti for the occasion. |
![]() |
| One of my favorites. My Sister and her BF. |
Overall a great day. I really did enjoy every minute of it. I feel like I should add photography classes to my list of things to do. I'd love to learn how to set up my camera the way I want it, and know how to edit. Then I'll be unstoppable! *Evil Laughter*



No comments:
Post a Comment